How to Explaining your Skin Type to DummiesNovember 15, 2017
How to Minimize Pores on the FaceNovember 29, 2017
When it comes to packing your holiday beauty essentials, no matter how many times you write a checklist, you always forget something that you need. Remembering that everything has to be fewer than 100ml for the plane, what you actually need on a plane and what you’ll need whilst you’re there can be a bit of a headache. So, to lighten your load, we’ve worked out the failsafe travel-sized beauty product must-haves that will ensure you feel summertime fine from takeoff to touch down.
- Face wash: For many people, a holiday is a chance to go au-naturel, allow the skin to breathe and avoid having to wear make-up for a couple of weeks which we totally get. But, whether you fall into this camp or still maintain your normal beauty regime, the extra time you have whilst away is a great opportunity to pamper yourself and a face wash is a way to do so. Stillman’s fairness and daily face wash in 50ml tubes are best to carry when you are travelling as it is easily carried in a purse and is an essential item for skin care. Stillman’s Fairness Face Wash is an oil-free formula that makes the skin look fairer by cleansing it deeply without drying it out as other fairness products often do. Similarly, Daily Face Wash is also an oil-free formula that is gentle on the skin for everyday use. It is best suited for those who are exposed to dirt, pollution and have oily skin type.
- Sun cream: There is nothing more important when it comes to health and beauty than taking care of yourself in the sun and we highly recommend using no lower SPF than factor 30. You need to bring a body sun cream and a face SPF.
- After sun, body lotion, body oil: It may seem excessive to pack all three moisturizing products but if your suitcase allows, do it. Use the after sun straight after the beach. For evenings, choose a lovely scented, deeply moisturizing butter and use oil on your legs. You can reapply just before you go to bed to allow your body to absorb the maximum moisture it can overnight. This will help to prolong your tan and keep your skin nice and plump.
- Ear plugs, tooth kit, eye mask: Yes, some airlines offer them, but surprisingly some don’t and it’s a bleeding nightmare if you’re stuck next to a screaming baby or someone who insists on keeping their reading light on if you want a kip. Better to be safe than sorry.
- Concealer tinted moisturizer and highlighter: Skin tends to clear up and look a whole lot healthier after being a little sunkissed so leave all your thicker foundations and cover-ups at home. Take a concealer to use if your bags won’t budge and those dark spots and fine lines keep clinging.
- Lipstick: Yes, you’ve been told to always keep a red lippy on you at all times, but it’s for a reason. It’s the quickest, easiest, most effective way to glam up your look and is the symbol of classic beauty.
- Eyeliner: While eyeliner is designed to make eyes look bigger, who says that you can’t experiment and improvise when you feel like it or when the situation calls for it? You can also use your eyeliner as a brow pencil if it’s a darker shade to keep those brows defined. It can also be effective as a lip liner, to give your lips the attention they deserve, if it’s a lighter shade.
- Mascara: Mascara will help your eyes to stand out even without eyeshadow. So, pick up a travel sized tube from beauty stores near you before you leave!